You can use the Aldiko Book Reader to read eBooks borrowed from public libraries. There're 2 ways to do so:
(1) Go to your local public library’s website on your computer, select any eBook in Adobe EPUB or Adobe PDF format, check out and then download the eBooks files. Normally, libraries will offer you an .acsm file for each eBook.
(2) Put the .acsm file in the SD card/internal storage of your device.
(3) Open the Aldiko Book Reader, tap on the navigation drawer indicator at the top left corner and then tap on “Files”, locate the .acsm file, check the box next to it and then tap on"Import" icon (the downward arrow in a box).
(4) If you have verified your device with an Adobe ID already, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your library in Aldiko. If you haven’t verified your device with an Adobe ID before before, you should see a pop-up window that asks you to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. After authorization, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your bookshelf in Aldiko.
1. Open the Aldiko Book Reader, tap on the navigation drawer indicator at the top left corner and then tap on “Other catalogs”. After that, tap on the “My Catalogs” tab.
2. Select “Add catalog” icon.
3. Type in Title (e.g. your local public library's name), the URL (website link) of your library, select "OK".
4. Now you have the library catalog set up in the Aldiko Book Reader. From now on, you just need to tap on the library name in the My Catalogs page, you will then be linked to the library website where you can borrow and download books . After download, the books should be displayed in the library of the Aldiko Book Reader.