You can use the Aldiko Book Reader to read eBooks borrowed from public libraries. There're 2 ways to do so:
(1) Go to your local public library’s website on your computer, select any eBook in Adobe EPUB or Adobe PDF format, check out and then download the eBooks file. Normally, library ill offer you an .acsm file for each eBook.
(2) Put the .acsm file in the SD card/internal storage of your smartphone or tablet.
(3) Open the Aldiko Book Reader, tap on the navigation drawer indicator icon at the top left corner, select “Files”, locate the .acsm file, check the box next to it and then select the “Import” icon.
(4) If you have verified your device with an Adobe ID already, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your library in the app. If you haven’t verified your device with an Adobe ID before, you should see a pop-up window that asks you to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. After authorization, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your library in the app.
(1) Open the Aldiko Book Reader, tap on the navigation drawer indicator icon at the top left corner, select the “Other catalogs”.
(2) Tap on "MY CATALOGS", select "Add a catalog", enter the title and web link of the library and then click "OK".
(3) You have your library catalog set up in the Aldiko Book Reader. From now on, you just need to tap on the library name at My Catalog, you will then be linked to the library website where you can browse, borrow and download books in EPUB or PDF format . After download, the books will be displayed in your library of the Aldiko Book Reader.